just:in is a Network Based Ingest Solution that offers Crash, Gang, Batch and Scheduled Recording. It unites Single- and Multi-Channel Ingest over SDI into MOV, MXF, MXF OP-Atom and MP4 containers into one flexible and expandable application.
→ Learn More
- A basic level of IT knowledge and experience.
- You are familiar with the Macintosh environment.
- You have system administrator privileges for the network and the operating systems of the machines you are working on.
- You are experienced in installing and configuring client-server software in a TCP/IP network.
- You will install the software on machines that have been connected to a LAN or WAN by a network engineer.
- You will install the software on a machine which has no other software installed – except the operating system and the drivers needed to operate the Channel/hardware.
- You understand basic Video Ingest concepts.
- You understand general Video technologies like codecs, frame rates, transmission methods and timecodes.
- Is a background application and required for running the just:in user interface application.
- Can be run on the same machine as the just:in user interface or on a separate, network connected machine.
- Is responsible for controlling the Capturing Hardware.
- Supports one or multiple Channels (= Signals) in SD, HD and UHD/4K*.
* the number of Channels which can be recorded at the same time depends on the framerate, the format, the container, the codec, the hardware and the storage system.
just:in User Interface
- Is the user interface to capture and control multiple Channels available from one or multiple instances of just:in Engine on the network.
- Provides Realtime Video and Audio Previews from the Channels and let's you configure your Capture Settings.
You need to know the Model Identifier of your Macs to continue.
- Open the Apple Menu on the appropriate machine.
- Select About This Mac while holding the alt key. The menu item turns to System Information…
- The Hardware Overview is displayed and you can see the Model Identifier.
|Qualified Macs for just:in Engine|
- MacPro 12-core (MacPro5,1 or MacPro6,1)
- Mac Pro (MacPro6,1) 8- or 12-core
- Mac mini Quad-Core (MacMini6,2)
- Mac mini (MacMini7,1) → the maximum amount of recordables Channels in HD (with Apple ProRes HQ) on a Mac mini i7 2012 (MacMini6,2) is 2. With the dual core Mac mini (MacMini7,1) the maximum amount of Channels is 1.
|Qualified Macs for just:in User Interface|
- iMac Quad-Core i7 (iMac14,1 to iMac14,2 and iMac15,1 to iMac17,1).
- Any other Mac with sufficient hardware specs can be used but ToolsOnAir gives no support for those.
|Operating System||OS X 10.10.5 / 10.11.6 / macOS 10.12 or higher. Administrator account required.|
|RAM||At least 8 GB (>16 GB recommended). |