The ToolsOnAir GPI Box is a serial USB interface that connects live:cut to your switcher (the term "switcher" will be used for whatever switching- or routing device you use) or vision mixer. If you're planning to use to a vision mixer or switcher other than a Blackmagic Design ATEM, connect the ToolsOnAir GPI Box (available separately) to a free USB port of your Mac after the installation of live:cut.
You can download the ServiceUSB driver here.
17.5 x 10.5 x 5 cm / 6.89 x 4.13 x 1.97 inch
- Input voltage: 100–240 volt AC, Input frequency: 50–60 Hz
- Output voltage: 12 volt DC, 20 watts
- 1x USB-B (cable included)
- 1x Power (cable included)
- 21 Cage clamps (from 0.08 to 2.5 mm2, all I/Os)1x D-Sub 25 (all I/Os)
- 1x D-Sub 9/RS-232 (for future use)
Do not drill holes into the ToolsOnAir GPI Box USB interface housing without disassembling it, otherwise you could harm electronics inside of the housing.
- LEDs indicate whether the connections are working or not. LED #0 refers to source 1, LED #1 refers to source 2 ... LED #n refers to source n+1.
- USB lamps indicate the USB connection to the controller.
- The 12V lamp is only active when connected to an external power source.
If negative input logic is used, the current active input is off instead of on. If no input is used when the interface is connected to the Mac, input 7 will be active.
- GPO/Tally: live:cut needs a custom built switcher cable which connects your GPI capable switcher to the ToolsOnAir GPI Box USB interface. This cable can be ordered as an option.
- Blackmagic Design ATEM: if you have licensed live:cut for use with a Blackmagic Design ATEM switcher, no separate ToolsOnAir GPI Box USB interface nor custom built switcher cable is required.
The cage clamps should not be used in a production environment, but they are a good way to test the functionality of the ToolsOnAir GPI Box in case of a support case. To insert a litz wire, firmly press the lever down and insert the litz wire, then release the lever to fix it. Make sure the cables are firmly secured, so they cannot be pulled out.
If needed, ToolsOnAir can customize the main GPI switcher cable upon request, as it's all connected through the DB-25 connector on the ToolsOnAir GPI Box USB interface.