Major Change in Version 3.0
Starting with Version 3.0 live:cut is completely integrated in the just:in User Interface. There is no separate application anymore – instead you may start a live:cut project directly in just:in. Open the menu Channels → Create live:cut project to switch to the live:cut interface.
- live:cut enables multicam-workflow for up to 16 cameras, dramatically reducing production time by eliminating many time-consuming production processes.
- live:cut centralizes ingest, metadata logging and take handling.
- live:cut records an EDL (Edit Decision List) based on trigger information from a hardware or software switcher. This EDL can then be used as a multi-camera sequence in an NLE of your choice.
- live:cut currently works with Apple Final Cut Pro 7/X, Adobe Premiere Pro and Edius.
- Trimming, re-editing and slip & slide operations are available a few seconds after the recording has finished.
→ Visit the official product website to learn more!
Setting up your live:cut System
A live:cut system consists of two main components:
- The just:in Engine (mac or linux) for the native video ingest process.
- The just:in User Interface (of which live:cut is part of) which handles the native ingest process.
We assume a basic level of IT knowledge and experience.
Single or Multi-System Setups
- Single System Setup: just:in Engine (mac) and the just:in User Interface run on the same machine. This is good for simple setups where the number of video streams is low.
- Multi-System Setup: just:in Engine (mac or linux) and the just:in User Interface run on different machines. Editing on the machine running the just:in User Interface is still possible. This is good for setups with many video streams.