This User Manual describes how to install and configure:
- just:in Engine Mac Version 3.5 on Macintosh systems running Apple's OS X or macOS (10.12.x or later)
- just:in Engine Linux Version 1.5 running on a Linux server appliance.
You will learn how to…
- Install and set up the required hard- and software infrastructure.
- Monitor the system to ensure just:in Engine and just:in continue to run effectively.
- Do installations and maintenance on your own.
We assume a basic level of IT knowledge and experience.
- A basic level of IT knowledge and experience.
- You are familiar with the Macintosh environment and/or Linux servers.
- You have system administrator privileges for the network and the operating systems of the machines you are working on.
- You are experienced in installing and configuring client-server software in a TCP/IP network.
- You will install the software on machines that have been connected to a LAN or WAN by a network engineer.
- You will install the software on a machine which has no other software installed – except the operating system and the drivers needed to operate the Channel/hardware.
- You understand basic Video Ingest concepts.
- You understand general Video technologies like codecs, frame rates, transmission methods and timecodes.