This chapter covers the general Operating System configuration to ensure a stable and interruption-free just:in environment.
Table of Contents
|Table of Contents|
We recommend a basic installation of the operating system. Once the OS installation has finished, install all updates which are available through Apple's Software Update. To ensure a proper and stable setup, please configure the operating system of the machine(s) running just:in Engine like shown below.
The System Preferences may look differently on your system and may offer more/less functions, depending on the OS version and the hardware you are using.
- Disable computer and display sleep functions: set the slider(s) to Never.
- Disable the hard disk sleep, computer sleep and Power Nap features.
- Set the Start after setting to Never.
- Delete all unneeded network connections here and change the order of the connections so that the IP address you are going to use for ToolsOnAir internal communication has the main priority (i.e. topmost item in the list).
- Make sure that the disk or partition which will be used for the ToolsOnAir components is selected as the startup disk.
- Make sure your operating system is up-to-date, then disable the automatic software update function.
- Turn on any sharing service you might want to use with this system. When using Screen Sharing make sure that the screen resolution does not change whenever connecting from another machine.
- We recommend to disable Remote Login/Management/Apple Events because they can cause some serious issues.
- We recommend using TeamViewer for remote management and file copying.
- We recommend disabling Spotlight on any machine running just:in Engine and to add at least all volumes used to store media files under the Privacy tab.